- 1/4 pound assorted wild and exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, oysters, and/or hedgehogs, wiped clean and sliced
- Five 1/2-inch-thick slices red onions
- Five 1/2-inch-thick slices eggplant
- Ten 1/2-inch-thick slices zucchini
- Ten 1/2-inch-thick slices yellow squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 recipe Basic Savory Piecrust, rolled out 1/8 inch thick 
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Put the mushrooms and vegetables in a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread the vegetables evenly on a large baking sheet and roast until lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350?F.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks and heavy cream and whisk well. Add the cheese, parsley, Worcestershire, and hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk to blend.
- Line a 10-inch pie pan with the piecrust and crimp the edges. Arrange the vegetables evenly in the bottom of the pan. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. Bake until the center sets and the top is golden, about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing to serve.