- 1 cup Roasted Garlic 
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano, and parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggplants (about 1 pound each)
- 1 cup cubed French bread
- 1 cup minced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 quarts Chicken Stock or 
- canned chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the roasted garlic, herbs, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and smear the garlic-herb mixture over the flesh of each half. Put the eggplant on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- With a spoon, remove the flesh from the eggplant and discard the skin.
- Toss the cubed bread in a small mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until limp, about 5 minutes. Add the eggplant and chopped garlic and continue to cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. In batches in a blender or with a handheld blender, puree the soup until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream, increase the heat to medium, and simmer for 3 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with the croutons, cheese, and parsley.