- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, chervil, and/or tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound fresh white asparagus, trimmed, blanched until tender, 6 to 8 minutes in salted boiling water, cooled in ice water, drained, then cut in half lengthwise
- 1 head radicchio (9 to 10 ounces), washed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Whisk in the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Pour off 1/4 cup of the dressing and set aside.
- Place the asparagus in a square glass dish. Pour the remaining vinaigrette over the asparagus, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush the radicchio with the 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, core side down, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove and thinly slice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, toss the crabmeat with the reserved 1/4 cup vinaigrette, the shallots, and the garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, fan out the leaves of the radicchio and stuff the crabmeat between the leaves. Remove the asparagus from the vinaigrette, reserving the vinaigrette. Arrange the asparagus on the bottom of a large serving platter. Place the radicchio over the asparagus. Drizzle the entire platter with the reserved vinaigrette and sprinkle with the cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.