- 8 canned hearts of palm
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (look for it in the frozen foods section of your supermarket)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup RÈmoulade Sauce 
- Essence to taste 
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Season the hearts of palm with salt and pepper. Set aside. Stack the phyllo sheets on top of one another and cut down the middle, making 16 sheets. Place 2 sheets together, one on top of another (8 stacks of 2 sheets). Brush the top sheets lightly with butter. Spread each top sheet with 1 tablespoon rémoulade sauce. Place 1 heart of palm at the bottom end of the sheets. Fold in the sides and roll all the way to the end like an egg roll. Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Brush all with the remaining butter and sprinkle with Essence. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon a small amount of the remaining rémoulade in the center of each plate. Place 2 strudels on top of each pool of sauce and sprinkle with the parsley and cheese.