- 2 pounds ramps, trimmed and cleaned
- 1/4 pound apple-smoked bacon, julienned
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil and add ramps. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath and remove when chilled. Drain on paper towels.
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain. Add ramps to bacon fat in skillet and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sauté until lightly caramelized and serve immediately, garnished with reserved crispy bacon.