- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 ounces boiled ham, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet baby green peas
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Hollandaise Sauce 
- In a heavy, deep pot or an electric deep-fryer, heat the vegetable oil to 360?F. Add the potatoes, in batches, and fry until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Season the shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the cayenne and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the ham, green peas, garlic, and the potatoes. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the butter and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- To serve, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions on serving plates and drizzle with the hollandaise.