- 4 catfish fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- Twelve 10-inch bamboo skewers
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- Remoulade Sauce 
- Cut each fillet lengthwise into 3 strips, each about 1 1/2 inches wide. Thread each strip onto a skewer. Lay them in a shallow bowl.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning, the salt, cayenne, mustard, and buttermilk in a small mixing bowl and stir to blend. Pour the mixture over the catfish, cover, and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator. Heat the oil to 360?F in a large deep cast-iron skillet. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the remaining 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Dredge 2 to 3 skewers at a time in the flour, shaking off any excess. Fry them in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with the rÈmoulade sauce.