- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head white cabbage (about 3 1/2 pounds), cored and shredded
- 1 head red cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds), cored and shredded
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- 1 cup chopped green onions or scallions (green part only)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the peanuts and, stirring often, toast them for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, sesame oil, honey, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- Put the cabbage, red onions, green onions, and cilantro in a very large mixing bowl and season with the remaining 1 tablespoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and the cayenne. Add the dressing mixture and toss to mix well and evenly. Store in large storage bags and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Keeps 1 day before getting soggy.