- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and cut lengthwise in half
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise 
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 ounce caviar, such as beluga, osetra, or sevruga
- Remove the yolks from the whites and put in a medium-size mixing bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash the yolks, then add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, and hot sauce. Stir with the fork to mix. Add the crabmeat and stir gently to mix. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into the egg white halves. Chill the eggs for 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, garnish with the caviar.