- 1/4 pound boiled ham, cut into small dice
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, storebought or homemade 
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise 
- 1 sheet (14 X 10 inches) frozen puff pastry (found in frozen food section), defrosted, rolled to 1/8-inch thickness, and cut into 2-inch squares
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the ham, cheeses, black pepper, Worcestershire, hot sauce, shallots, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
Brush 24 of the pastry squares with the beaten egg wash, then put a heaping teaspoon of the ham mixture in the center of each square. Top with the remaining 24 pastry squares and, using your fingers, gently seal the edges together. Using the tines of a small fork, press around the edges to seal. Put the squares on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
Brush the tops with the egg wash. Bake until lightly golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes. Serve warm.