- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough to a 12-inch circle G inch thick and cut out six 5-inch rounds. Line each tart pan with a round of dough, pressing it into the bottom and up the sides with your fingers.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar, whisking to blend. Add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and cornmeal and whisk until smooth. Pour about 1/2 cup of the mixture into each prepared tart pan.
- Place the tart pans on a baking sheet and bake until the crusts are lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. The center of the pies will sink slightly as they cool.
- To serve, cool completely before removing the pan bottoms and the pies from the tart pans. Spoon the whipped cream on top of the tarts. Serve at room temperature.