- 4 cups peeled and diced white potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Combine the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a large saucepan. Cover the potatoes with water, bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan and, over low heat, stir them with a fork or wire whisk for about 2 minutes to dry them. Add the cream, butter, cheese, the white pepper, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well. Serve hot.