- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons crushed oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 whole butterflied leg of lamb, about 5 pounds
- In a non-reactive pan large enough to hold the lamb, stir together all ingredients except lamb. Place lamb in pan and coat well with marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove lamb from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before proceeding. Preheat grill and cook lamb for 10 minutes on each side for rare. Remove lamb from grill and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Yield:6 to 8 servings