- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Emerilís Southwest Essence
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 rib-eye steaks, about 1 pound each (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- In a bowl mix chili powder, paprika, sugar, Emerilís Southwest Essence, garlic salt, onion salt, salt,cumin, dry mustard and cayenne pepper, stirring well to thoroughly combine. Pat chile mixture into steaks, evenly coating on all sides. Transfer steaks to a large plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to grill the steaks, prepare the barbecue. When the coals are hot, grill the steaks on oiled grill racks, about 8 to 10 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Allow steaks to stand 5 minutes before slicing on the diagonal to serve.