- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano, chives, etc.)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 marinated cherry peppers (canned variety works best), drained, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 pound homemade goat cheese
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 8 cups washed arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 8 very thin slices prosciutto
- Whisk first 4 ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl and set aside. With a sharp paring knife, remove stem and core of peppers and dry them well with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix goat cheese with salt and pepper to taste. Carefully fill each pepper with goat cheese and place in a shallow non-reactive casserole dish or bowl. Cover with marinade and refrigerate overnight before serving. (For an interesting twist, dip in beer batter and fry…)
- When ready to serve, remove cherry peppers from marinade and set aside. Using a spatula, transfer marinade to a large bowl, add arugula and sliced onions and toss well to combine. Divide salad between 8 salad plates, top with a piece of prosciutto and garnish with stuffed peppers.