- 1 large orange
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
- 8 slices Brioche or 
- any kind of sliced bread
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Grate the orange rind until you have about 1 tablespoon zest. Cut the orange in half and squeeze it. Mix 1/4 cup of the juice with the zest in a mixing bowl. Use the rest for another purpose.
- Add the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk together to dissolve the sugar.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip 2 slices of the bread into the egg-milk mixture, coating evenly. Fry in the butter until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Repeat until all the butter and bread is used.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot.