- 4 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Scrub the potatoes well under running water with a vegetable scrubbing brush. Dry with a paper towel, then place the potatoes on the lined baking sheet. Rub each potato with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place in the oven and bake until fork-tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove from the oven, let sit for 5 minutes, then serve, topped with the condiments of your choice.