- Beat together the egg and milk in a mixing bowl. Add the crawfish tails and 2 teaspoons of the rub. Turn to coat the tails evenly. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of rub.
- Using your hands, remove the crawfish tails from the egg-milk mixture and add to the cornmeal-flour mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Shake off the excess.
- Heat the shortening to 360?F. in a deep-fryer or deep pot. Deep-fry the crawfish tails a few at a time until they pop to the surface and are golden, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Toss the greens in a bowl with the salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the dressing. Divide the greens among 4 salad plates. Divide the crawfish into 4 equal portions and place on top of the greens.
- To serve, spoon a tablespoon or so of the dressing on top of each serving and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the cheese.