- 1/2 pound Pork Breakfast Sausage, crumbled 
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 medium bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon Rustic Rub 
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Brown the sausage in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Add the rice and mix well. Cook for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the green onions and parsley. Mix again.
- Spoon the mixture into the bell peppers. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and rub and sprinkle evenly over the tops of the bell peppers. Place the peppers in a shallow pan and add just enough water to cover the bottom. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and brown. Serve hot.