- 3 quarts water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices (2 pounds)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Bring the water, seasoned with 1 teaspoon of the salt, to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the potatoes. Boil for 7 to 8 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the butter, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, the cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, pepper, pecans, and syrup and toss.
- Pour into a casserole. Sprinkle the top with the brown sugar and the marshmallows. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the marshmallows melt and turn light brown.
- Serve hot.