- 4 large artichokes, rinsed in cool water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 3 tablespoons liquid Zatarainís Concentrated Crab & Shrimp Boil
- 1/2 recipe One-Egg Mayonnaise with 1 minced garlic clove added 
- Trim off stems and thorny tips of each leaf of the artichokes. Put them in a deep pot and add enough water to cover.
- Add the salt and bay leaves. Squeeze the lemon over the pot and add the lemon shells. Add the Zatarain’s boil and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the artichokes are tender when pierced with the tip of a pointed knife. Drain.
- Place the artichokes, stem side down, on platters with puddles of mayonnaise around them.