- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 unpeeled Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 package (7 ounces) Konriko Wild Pecan Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped, crisp-fried, and drained
- 1 cup chopped boiled ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery, salt, and cayenne. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add the pecans and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the apple and the rice and stir for 1 minute. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat. Add the bacon, ham, green onions, and parsley and stir to mix well.