- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons dillseeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 6 small dried red chilies crumbled, or 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 8 bay leaves
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a jar. Cover and shake well to mix.
- When ready to use, place in a square of cheesecloth, draw up the corners and secure with kitchen twine. Add this bag to the pot of boiling water.
- Can be stored in an airtight jar in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months.