- 4 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Sauté the onions in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat with the salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the onions are golden. Add the sugar and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the vinegar and parsley and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, cool, and serve.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.