- 4 redfish, snapper, or trout fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Green JalapeÒo Sauce or Tabasco JalapeÒo Sauce
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Prepare a grill and light the fire.
- With a sharp knife, make 2 diagonal slits on the skin side of each fillet. Season the fish with the salt and jalapeno sauce. Put the fish in a shallow bowl and cover with the onions. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and drizzle with the oil on the skinless side of the fillets. Place the fillets, skinless side down, on the hot grill. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn the fillets over and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more. Place the onions in wire basket and grill alongside the fish, turning several times to prevent burning.
- Transfer the fish to a warm platter, garnish with the onions, and serve.