- 1 pound chicken meat, both white and dark, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces andouille, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain musrtard
- 2 cups peeled and grated Idaho potatoes
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 475?F.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon and 1/8 teaspoon of the cayenne. Season the onions and bell peppers with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon cayenne.
- Heat the oil in large skillet with an ovenproof handle, over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the andouille and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes. Add the onions and bell peppers. Cook for about 6 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the vegetables are soft and golden. Add the mustard and mix well. Add the potatoes. Brown and fold. With the back of a spoon, pat down the mixture into the bottom of the skillet. Cook for about 1 minute. Brown and fold and pat down the mixture again. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Crack the eggs on top of the hash and bake, in the skillet, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the eggs set.
- Serve immediately.