- 4 untreated cedar shingles, about 5 1/2 X 10 inches each
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 rib eye steaks, about 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub 
- 4 teaspoons Green JalapeÒo Sauce or 
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced;
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Prepare a grill and light the fire.
Rub 1 side of each shingle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Place the steaks on the planks and flatten them out with the heel of your hand. Season each steak with 1/2 teaspoon rub. Spread each steak with 1 teaspoon jalapeÒo sauce. Combine the bell pepper and onion in a bowl and season with the salt and cayenne.
Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and top each steak with a portion.
When the grill is hot, place the planks in the center. Close the lid and cook for about 10 minutes for rare, 14 to 16 minutes for medium-rare. Remove the planks from the grill using a long-handled spatula. If the plank catches fire, douse it with a little water.
Serve the steaks on the planks in the center of large plates.