- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Snickers candy bar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Skor candy bar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Snickers candy bar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Skor candy bar
- 4 medium apples (7 to 8 ounces each)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 350Âº degrees F.
- Place the apples on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, carefully cut the top 1/2-inch from each apple.
- Using an apple corer or a small melon baler, scoop out the stem, core, and seeds from each apple, leaving the bottom intact.
- Stand the apples in a 9-inch square baking dish, cut side up.
- Divide the coarsely chopped candy bars among the apples, about 2 tablespoons of candy per apple.
- Place 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter inside each apple, on top of the candy bar pieces.
- Divide the finely chopped candy bars among the apples, about 2 tablespoons of candy per apple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cider and sugar and pour the cider mixture over and around the apples.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, place the baking dish in the oven and bake the apples uncovered until tender, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully remove the apples from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm, spooning the pan juices over the apples, and add vanilla ice cream if desired.