- 1/2 cup Armagnac
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel, plus extra for finishing
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots, for garnish
- Chopped green pistachios, for garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the Armagnac, water, sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Add the apricots, dates, and fleur de sel and simmer just until the fruit begins to soften, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the fruit to cool in the liquid.
- Puree the dried fruit mixture in a food processor until smooth. Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks. Fold the cream into the pureed fruit mixture. Pour the mixture into 6 small bowls or ramekins. Place in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours, or until just frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and sprinkle with fleur de sel and garnish with the chopped apricots and pistachios.