- 12 sugarcane swizzle sticks, each cut into about 3-inch pieces
- 1 hickory smoked ham, spiral sliced, 8 to 10 pounds (no bone, water added, cooked)
- Spiced Glaze 
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 4) Granny Smith apples
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 4) Bartlett pears
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Line a shallow baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Insert the sugarcane sticks into the ham at 3- to 4-inch intervals. Tie the ham, using kitchen twine, at two-inch intervals horizontally and vertically to keep it together. Place on a wire rack in the baking pan. Brush the entire ham with the glaze, coating it evenly.
- Wash, core, and halve the fruit.
- Place all around the ham. Baste the ham a second time and baste the fruit with the glaze. Bake for 45 minutes. Baste the ham and fruit again. Bake another 45 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the string and swizzle sticks.
- Serve the apples and pears on a platter with the ham. Serve everything warm or at room temperature.