- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound assorted exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, and oysters, wiped clean and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Emerilís Homemade Worcestershire Sauce 
- Port Wine Reduction 
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Grease a 2-quart glass rectangular pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large sautÈ pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, 1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne, and the black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 30 seconds. Add the cream, the remaining teaspoon salt, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, the Tabasco, and the Worcestershire. Whisk the mixture until blended. Add the onion-mushroom mixture and bread cubes and mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the cheese.
- Bake until the pudding is golden brown and bubbly, about 55 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Spoon onto serving plates, drizzle with Emerilís Worcestershire and the wine reduction, and serve.