- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled, and seeded fresh or canned Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup Duck Stock 
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (scallions), green parts only
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Heat the oil in a sautÈ pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the crawfish tails, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the stock, parsley and green onions and simmer until slightly thick, about another 5 minutes. Add the butter and stir to combine, about 20 seconds.
- Serve warm with the pork chops.