- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup dried fine white bread crumbs
- Champagne Vanilla Sabayon 
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. Butter a gratinÈe dish.
- Combine the crabmeat, salt, pepper, chives, cheese, and bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the gratinÈe dish and distribute evenly. Spoon the sabayon over the mixture. Bake until the top is golden brown, about 8 minutes.