- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Essence of Emeril
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated St. John's Cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound fresh angel hair pasta, cooked al dente, tossed with olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3-ounce block of St. John's Cheese for shaving
- Preheat the grill. Season each mushroom with olive oil and Essence. Place on the grill and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- For the sauce: In a hot sauté pan, add the cream. When the cream starts to bubble and thicken, whisk in the cheese. Season with the garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling salt and oiled water, drop the fresh pasta for about 2 minutes, remove, drain, and add directly to the sauce. Remove the mushrooms and slice on the bias into 2-inch slices.
- Using a pair of tongs, place three nests of pasta in the center of the platter. Spoon the remaining sauce over the pasta and around the plate. Arrange the mushroom around the pasta. Garnish with hand-shaved cheese and chives.