- 6 peeled shallots, cut in half if large
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound tomatoes (2 medium tomatoes), cut into wedges
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the shallots with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12 minutes. Meanwhile, place tomatoes and cucumbers in a mixing bowl. Place shallots in a small bowl. Mix in vinegar, tarragon, remaining olive oil and season. Toss with the tomatoes and cucumbers.