- 1 cup dark stock
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) flank steak, cut into thin long strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil for cooking
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitakes)
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
In a medium saucepan, bring the stock, ginger, and garlic to a boil. Reduce for 3 minutes. Mix the cornstarch into the soy sauce. As you stir the stock, pour the cornstarch mixture into the stock. It will begin to thicken. Allow to boil for 1 minute, and remove from the heat. Toss the meat with powdered ginger and salt. Heat the cooking oil in the wok until it is smoking. Add the meat, stirring, and searing it quickly on all sides. Pull the meat up the sides of the wok and add thebok choy, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the green onions and toss all together.
Drop the pasta by the handful into the fryer to create crazy noodles, fry for 45 seconds, remove and place in a bowl. Drizzle with the sesame oil. Place them on a big service platter.
To the stir-fry, add the sauce and completely coat everything. Taste and adjust. Pour this over the noodles.