- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 -115 degrees)
- 1 /4 ounce (1 package) dry yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 small pear, sliced thinly into discs, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon d mint
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In the mixer bowl, dissolve the sugar in the water. Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water mixture and let it stand for 10 minutes, until it foams. Combine 3 cups of the flour, salt and cinnamon. Add to the yeast mixture. Slowly turn on the machine and work the dough together. Turn it up to medium and mix for 5 minutes. If the dough is sticky, continue mixing and gradually add the remaining flour. Place this smooth ball of dough in an oiled bowl , cover and set aside to rise for 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Punch down the dough, remove it from the bowl onto a lightly oiled 9 x13-inch sheet tray. Spread out the dough on the tray. Using your fingertips, make "dimples" in the dough. Using the olive oil, lightly oil the pears and place them on the grill. Meanwhile, mix the honey, mascarpone, and the mint together. Spread this mixture on the dough. Turn the pears and cook for 1 more minute. Top the dough with the grilled pears. Bake for 25 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve.