- 1 cup semolina no.1 (coarse grind)
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped orange zest
- Whole blanched almonds
- Sift the semolina, cake, and all-purpose flours into a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter in a medium bowl at medium speed until white, light and fluffy. The more you beat, the lighter the cookie. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar and zest. Continue to beat for 2 minutes. Remove from the mixer and gradually fold in the flours. The dough will be quite soft; refrigerate for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Shape dough into diamond-shaped cakes about 1-inch wide and 1/2-inch thick. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1/2-inch apart. Place an almond on the top of each cookie and bake for 35- 40 minutes. They will be very fragile, so allow then to cool for 1 hour on the tray.