- 10 small red skin potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons diced red pepper
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed chervil leaves
- In a small saucepan of boiling, salted water boil the potatoes until just tender. Meanwhile, heat oil in a small saute pan. Add shallots and red pepper, and cook for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a mixing bowl. When potatoes are just tender, drain and add them to bowl along with shallots. Add vinegar, and toss to coat. Cool salad to room temperature and add chervil. Adjust seasonings.