- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter, melted warm
- About 1/4 cup finely chopped tasso or spiced ham
- In a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water over medium heat, whisk the egg yolks with the lemon juice, salt, Tabasco pepper sauce, and water until pale yellow and slightly thick. Be careful not to let the bowl touch the water. Remove the bowl from the pot, and whisking vigorously, add the butter, 1 teaspoon at a time, until all is incorporated. Add the tasso and continue whisking for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.