- 4 each sprigs of fresh rosemary, about 8 inches in length
- 8 (3-ounce) lamb medallions
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, in all
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, in all
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup julienned onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 6 whole Italian Roma tomatoes, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups veal reduction
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the grill. Strip the leaves of the rosemary stems, leaving 3 inches from the top of the stem intact. Place of the lamb medallions on each rosemary skewer. Finely chop the rosemary leaves removed from the stem. In a mixing bowl, whisk 1 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon minced vinegar, and half of the chopped rosemary, together. Season the marinade with salt and pepper. Place the lamb skewers in glass square dish, (8 inches by 8 inches), and pour the marinade over the lamb skewers. Place the dish in the refrigerator and marinate for 2 hours. Remove the skewers from the marinade and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. In a saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot saute the onions for 4 to minutes, or until wilted. Add the shallots, beans and tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes. Add the remaining garlic.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Add the red wine and veal reduction. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the ragu' for about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining chopped rosemary and butter. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Remove the lamb from the grill. Spoon the ragu in the center of the plate. Place the skewers directly on top of the ragu'. Drizzle the plate with 25 year old balsamic vinegar. Garnish with chopped chives and Essence.