- 1 fryer, about 3-3 1/2 pounds cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds okra, washed, stems removed and slice into 1/4-inch rounds
- 3 cups julienned onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Season the flour and chicken pieces. Toss the chicken with the flour. In a large oven proof pan, heat the olive oil. Sear the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and cover the pot with a lid.
Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the slime has disappeared. Bake uncovered for the last 15 minutes.
Place the chicken on a platter. Spoon the okra and tomatoes over the chicken. Garnish with the cheese and green onions.