- 1 1/2 pounds rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups white wine
- 8 (2-ounce) slices of fois gras
- Garnish: long chives, 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a sauce pot, combine the rhubarb, sugar, shallots, lemon juice and wine. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the rhubarb for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender. Remove from the heat and using a hand-held blender, puree the rhubarb until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Season the fois gras with salt and pepper. In a hot saute pan, sear the fois for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Spoon the sauce in the center of the plate. Arrange the fois in the center of the sauce. Garnish with long chives and chopped chives.