- 1 (12-inch) french baguette, sliced into 2-inch slices
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a mixing bowl, combine the cheese, parsley, garlic, and mayonnaise together. Mix until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each baguette slice. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the croutons are golden brown. Ladle the soup into a shallow bowl. Place the croutons around the bowl. Garnish with parsley.