- 1/2 extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 25 year old balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups arugula, cleaned and stemmed
- 6 ounces of thinly sliced pieces of Proscuitto di Parma
- 4-ounce block Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil and vinegar together. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the greens with the dressing. Lay the proscuitto on the bottom of the platter. Mound the greens in the center of the proscuitto. Shave the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the greens. Garnish with a couple of turns of black pepper.