- 1 cup roasted walnuts, warm
- Juice of one orange
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces baby arugula, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 head of radicchio,leaves torn
- 12 endive spears/leaves, julienned
- 1/2 pound Maytag blue cheese
- 1/4 cup edible flowers, optional
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
For the dressing: Place the warm walnuts in a mixing bowl. Add the orange juice and rice wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to stand for 10 minutes for the flavors to infuse together. Whisk in the oils. Reseason if needed.
For the lettuces: In a mixing bowl, combine all the greens together and toss with the walnut oil.
To serve,mound the salad in the center of salad plates and sprinkle the Maytag blue cheese and walnuts around the greens.
Garnish with the edible flowers (if desired) and cracked black pepper.