- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Essence for seasoning 
- 1 yellow onion, cut into fourths
- 3 tangerines, cut into fourths
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 roasted new potatoes, cut into wedges, warm
- 1 cup assorted roasted baby root vegetables such as baby carrots, red and golden beets, warm
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Rub the entire chicken with the butter. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and Essence, including the cavity and the area between the skin and the breast meat.
Season the onions and tangerines with salt and pepper then stuff them inside the cavity along with 4 sprigs of the rosemary. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
Roast the chicken for 20 minutes and baste the entire bird with the pan drippings. Continue to baste every ten minutes for 30 to 40 minutes longer until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165°F when tested in the thigh with an instant read thermometer. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest, reserving the pan drippings.
For the glaze: In a hot sauté pan, add the reserved pan drippings, tangerine juice, and honey . Season with salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce until it is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 8 to 10 minutes.
To serve: Place the roasted chicken on a platter. Arrange the roasted vegetables around the roasted chicken. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and garnish with Essence and the remaining fresh rosemary.