- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted poblanos, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the poblanos, onions, shallots, and garlic, for 2 to3 minutes. Season with Essence. Stir in the stock, bring to a boil and cook over high heat for 15 minutes. Whisk in the chocolate and cream, continue simmering for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and puree in a blender. Return sauce to the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- To plate: spoon the sauce on the bottom of the plate. Place the julienned sweet potato in the center of the sauce. Lay the chops against the potatoes with their bones crossing. Garnish with green onions, red and yellow peppers.