- For Slaw:
- 1/4 cup chopped raw apple smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup salsify, julienned and blanched
- 1/2 cup celery root, julienned and blanched
- 1/2 cup fennel, julienned and blanched
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped chervil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1/2 cup flour, seasoned with 1 tablespoon Essence
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 cup parsnip cream potatoes
- 8 fried parsnip strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- For the slaw: In a sautJ pan, when the pan is smoking hot, render the bacon until crispy. Add the salsify, celery root and fennel. SautJ for 1 minute, just to warm and remove. In a mixing bowl combine all the remaining ingredients with the sauteed vegetables. Toss to incorporate and season with salt and pepper.
- For the fish: In a sautJ pan, heat the olive oil. Dredge the fish in the seasoned flour, lightly coating each side. When the oil is smoking hot, place the fish carefully in the hot oil. SautJ for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Flip the fish over and continue sauteeing for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove the fish and place on a paper-lined plate, to remove any excess oil.
- To assemble: Spoon the potatoes in the center of the platter. Place the fish directly on top of the potatoes. Mound the slaw on top of the fish. Garnish with the fried parsnips around the edge of the plate and sprinkle with the chives.