- 12 ounces bulk andouille (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Crystal hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups day old bread cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (3-pound) whole chickens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Essence
- 1 cup dark chicken reduction
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons brunoise red peppers
- 2 tablespoons brunoise yellow peppers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10 by 14-inch baking pan.
- For the pudding: In a hot sauce pan, render the andouille with the shallots and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the corn and saute for 2 minutes. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, Crystal and Worcestershire together. Stir in the andouille mixture. Fold in the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes and let cool for 30 minutes.
- For the chicken: Rub each chicken with the olive oil. Season with Essence inside and out. Stuff each chicken with the bread pudding. Tie the chicken legs together with butchers twine to close the cavity. Roast for 1 hour or until done. Remove the twine and mound the pudding in the center of the plate. Carve the chicken in half and place on the pudding. Spoon the reduction around the chicken. Garnish with chives and peppers.